Pre-Sales Research Training
The first pre-sales research program developed jointly by
The ability to connect with clients, partners, employers and build up relationships is a vital skill. The optimum direction to take for your selling journey, however, can only be found by employing the best set of pre-sales research skills & tools available.
Sales people are now doing less cold calling and need to precisely target connections that will pay the highest sales success dividends. Those fewer calls must still reveal emerging businesses and make connections into new customer organisations. To do so in today's environment requires some warmth to be injected into sales people's leads and network connections. To maximise the prospects for success, the sales person must also target both organisational and personal strengths in their pre-sales strategies.
Having the capacity to mine BIG DATA effectively, and employ sourcing surveillance techniques, can provide focused research that generates significant increases in the performance of the logistics and freight forwarding industry sales team. Social media and research skills are absorbed at different levels yet are surprisingly accessible. Besides the productivity gains for employers, the programme is rewarding for most employees according to their needs and motivation.
“Industry knowledge” today can mean far more than having spent long periods of time picking up information by chance. Investing in research and surveillance skills, and deploying trained people that have absorbed tactical industry inputs, can unveil more emerging business opportunities for logistics and freight forwarding organisations.
Understanding the emerging “Mechanics of Research and Surveillance” unlocks connections and opportunities closer to real time for emerging business. Being there first for newly emerging trades & business matters.
In this program we add a new dimension to pre-sales activities by imparting the most effective and high return research skills for today’s logistics industry.
The Pre-Sales Research Training Program develops the set of skills required for conducting pre-sales lead generation and decision maker surveillance. While Gilead's research training focuses on honing tactical skills, it affords freight forwarding and 3PL business managers a forum for strategic dialogue with their sales organisation. Research inputs appropriate to each organisation's strategy and capabilities can be developed, tested, and agreed in training.
We provide the best online research techniques for business development and adapt them to the transport and logistics industry. The training content deeply explores internet search and social media derived potential. The techniques employ concepts and technologies that allow trainees to put them to work generating short punchy sales lead based campaigns that are aligned with organisational sales objectives.
Our training is delivered by a sourcing specialist with 7 years of online research experience and 20+ years of corporate research in general.
The training program can be provided in a two day face-to-face format, or by means of webinar over a period of a month. The webinar delivery consists of a series of 4 webinar sessions delivered weekly. Both training programmes include a bespoke applied sales lead generation project for each attendee which is delivered by attendees based on theory learned during training.. The webinar delivered training is supplemented by up to 2 hours of additional 1-on-1 consultation by email/skype/phone with the trainer in respect of revising and tuning their assigned lead generation project. Training incorporates live demonstrations of research techniques in action and attendees will see exactly how it is done before undertaking their practical projects.
The Pre-Sales Research Training Program combines the skill sets derived of professional consulting & marketing research firms with the best practices and direct experience derived from freight forwarding, shipping and logistics industries.
The program design and content has been carefully reviewed to match specifics of medium sized local and global businesses.
The training agenda includes a mixture of theory, practice exercises, offline brainstorming, and simulation modelling.
Group size is generally limited with 12 participants.
- Develop skills required for conducting effective lead generation research.
- Enable an industry focused approach to the research strategy and sales lead delivery.
- Acquire knowledge of social intelligence tools to be included in the lead generation process.
What is different about this program?
- This is the first program on the market that incorporates pre-sales sourcing skills, surveillance skills, semantic text search tradecraft skills, and social media technical skills in a single program.
- The program has been created and delivered by logistics industry professionals. This program’s passes on the same skill set employed by Gilead when delivering their bespoke research product for sales campaign and trade lane sales lead generation to major freight forwarding and logistics industry clients.
The Course Delivers
- A structured approach to the research process.
- Skills required to conduct online and social search.
- Localisation of the research techniques applied to attendee's needs and strategies.
- An overview of tools used for sales intelligence and applied to business development.
How Do I Benefit?
- Acquire hands-on tips to boost productivity and results in business development.
- Enhance your professional credibility and network with potential clients.
- Replace Cold Calls with Warm Calls based upon business and social intelligence derived of research and surveillance.
What will I Learn?
- Sourcing & Search Engines
Search Engine Introduction & Features
Boolean x Advanced Search
Language Semantics and Hierarchy
Using Domains and Locations
Add-ons and other helpful tools
- Sourcing Applied to the Transport/Logistics Industry
Applying Possessive Forms
Constructing Search Strings
Building Upon Past Winning Search Strings/Alerts
Organising Information and Project Documentation
- Sourcing with LinkedIn
Building Professional Networks
X-Raying People Not in Your Network
Finding and Following Companies
Uncovering Decision Makers
Uncovering Client Organisational Fabric
Creating and Saving Search Strings in LinkedIn
- Social Media & Market Intelligence Tools
Qualifying Information from Search Engines
Analysing Peer Groups for New Lead Generation
Participate of/engage with industry groups, networks and communities
Review of Content & Practical Project
Wrap Up & Final Questions
Further Learning and Advance Extensions
- Cold/Warm Calling Technique
Who Should Attend?
- Field sales professionals
- Key account managers
- Customer service and rising star managers
Who Is The Training Content Provider?
- Gilead Logistic Services, a professional market research company established in 2006 designs and delivers the course content.
- More detail is available at www.gileadlogistic.com
- Minimum 6 months of sales departmental experience or 12 months customer service exposure
- English language
- Solid industry knowledge
- Laptop with microphone & private space
For more information on this or our other courses, please send a message via our Contact page.